kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Dynamic window size for aggregations
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 15:42:43 GMT
Feel free to create a feature request JIRA.

For now, you could use a custom processor (via `.transform()`) that uses
an attached window store to implement the logic you need.

-Matthias

On 4/9/19 4:09 AM, Rajesh Kalyanasundaram wrote:
> Hi all,
> We have a requirement to implement aggregations with TimedWindows which may have varying
window sizes. For example, I may want a tumbling window that tumbles on 31st of Jan and 28th
of Feb, 31st of March and so on.
> We did initial analysis of TimedWindows. Found that the windoSize is being fixed at many
places in the streams code.

> Any guidance in supporting this would be very much appreciated.
> Thank you.
> Regards,
> Rajesh
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, proprietary and intended
solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please delete it immediately.