kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Ewen Cheslack-Postava <e...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] [VOTE] KIP-158: Kafka Connect should allow source connectors to set topic-specific settings for new topics
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 01:12:25 GMT
+1 (binding)

My only final comment would be that the topic.creation.enable setting could
potentially be left out. We're still backwards compatible with what we
promised before (or at least compatibility is debatable). You could enforce
not being able to create topics with ACLs anyway, so avoiding the extra
config might be worth the not-quite-perfect compatibility story.

-Ewen