kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Becker <Thomas.Bec...@tivo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] KIP-349 Priorities for Source Topics
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2018 13:01:03 GMT
I agree with Jan. A strategy interface for choosing processing order is nice, and would hopefully
be a step towards getting this in streams.

-Tommy

On Mon, 2018-08-20 at 12:52 +0200, Jan Filipiak wrote:

On 20.08.2018 00:19, Matthias J. Sax wrote:

@Nick: A KIP is only accepted if it got 3 binding votes, ie, votes from

committers. If you close the vote before that, the KIP would not be

accepted. Note that committers need to pay attention to a lot of KIPs

and it can take a while until people can look into it. Thanks for your

understanding.

@Jan: Can you give a little bit more context on your concerns? It's

unclear why you mean atm.

Just saying that we should peek at the Samza approach, it's a much more

powerful abstraction. We can ship a default MessageChooser

that looks at the topics priority.

@Adam: anyone can vote :)

-Matthias