kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Bellemare <adam.bellem...@gmail.com>
Subject KIP-213 - Scalable/Usable Foreign-Key KTable joins - Rebooted.
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:05:17 GMT
Here is the new discussion thread for KIP-213. I picked back up on the KIP
as this is something that we too at Flipp are now running in production.
Jan started this last year, and I know that Trivago is also using something
similar in production, at least in terms of APIs and functionality.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-213+Support+non-key+joining+in+KTable

I do have an implementation of the code for Kafka 1.0.2 (our local
production version) but I won't post it yet as I would like to focus on the
workflow and design first. That being said, I also need to add some clearer
integration tests (I did a lot of testing using a non-Kafka Streams
framework) and clean up the code a bit more before putting it in a PR
against trunk (I can do so later this week likely).

Please take a look,

Thanks

Adam Bellemare