kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "逐风者的祝福" <1878707...@qq.com>
Subject 回复: [DISCUSS] Why don't support web UI
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2018 03:29:00 GMT
Hi Rahul :
  Thanks for you reply . web UI is no need very beautiful .
  Hadoop HDFS and YARN 's UI is nice , maybe we can deploy a web interface when the core function
is ok

发件人: "Rahul Singh"<rahul.xavier.singh@gmail.com>;
发送时间: 2018年5月31日(星期四) 晚上6:23
收件人: "dev"<dev@kafka.apache.org>;
主题: Re: [DISCUSS] Why don't support web UI

My opinions why:

There are open source Web UIs available. Kafka Manager being one of them. Kafka is also a
fairly new product. Even slightly mature products like Cassandra (which I’m also on the
dev list for) focus on core features instead of user interfaces because there 100s is ways
to take the JMX APIs and either make your own tools to use something else readily created.

There are also commercial providers like Confluent and Landoop that do this as a packaged
product.

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.singh@anant.us

Anant Corporation
On May 28, 2018, 10:58 PM -0400, 逐风者的祝福 <1878707332@qq.com>, wrote:
> Hi team:
> I'm curious that why we don't offer a web UI for administrators . The web UI is very
useful to display cluster status and current topic status .