kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Hauch <rha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-305: Add Connect primitive number converters
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 18:55:27 GMT
Thanks, Ewen.

You make several good points, and I've updated the KIP to hopefully address
your comments. I think the symmetry with the Kafka serdes is useful, so
I've kept all 5 converters in the KIP.

Interestingly, perhaps the short and int converters (with the reduced
ranges) are not necessarily that useful for keys either.

Regards,

Randall