kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Hu Xi <huxi...@hotmail.com>
Subject 答复: [DISCUSS] KIP-265: Make Windowed Serde to public APIs
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 03:00:47 GMT
Guozhang,

Thanks for this KIP. Please help confirm questions below:

  1.   Do we also need to retrofit `SimpleConsumerShell` to have it support these newly-added
serdes?
  2.   Does this KIP cover the changes for ConsoleConsumer as well?

________________________________
发件人: Guozhang Wang <wangguoz@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2018年3月2日 8:20
收件人: dev@kafka.apache.org
主题: [DISCUSS] KIP-265: Make Windowed Serde to public APIs

Hello all,

I'd like to have a discussion on making windowed serde to public APIs of Kafka Streams. It
involves a couple of new configs, plus a few new public classes for windowed serializer and
deserializer, and also adding the corresponding console consumer options in order to fetch
from a topic written by a windowed store.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-265%3A+Make+Windowed+Serde+to+public+APIs

I'd love to hear from your opinions on the proposed APIs, and if you have already encountered
this and have to implement your own serdes, does the current public API fit your needs.

Thanks,

-- Guozhang