kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Pilar <pilife...@gmail.com>
Subject Consumer group
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 18:59:25 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have design a kafka api solution which has define some topics, these
topics are produced by other api connect with Cassandra data model.
So I need to fixed the sensical order and sequential order of the events,
it means i need to guarantee that create, update and delete events will
have a sensical order for the consumer.

At begining we only have one consumer, so the solution was one-to-one, one
entity to one topic/partition to guarantee the order, as the best practice
explains.

However now we have a new consumer, which the messages order matters as
well. The problem is if i create Consumer groups for my different consumer
and create more partitions in to each topic, i can´t guarantee that
sensical sequential order.

So i´m thinking to create a diferent topics for each consumer group, but
i´m not sure the performance or any issue that i will be able to have.

Any suggestion or feedback please

Thanks