kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-205: Add getAllKeys() API to ReadOnlyWindowStore
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 21:58:59 GMT
Thanks for driving this and sorry for late response. With release
deadline it was pretty busy lately.

Can you please add a description for the suggested method, what they are
going to return? It's a little unclear to me atm.

It would also be helpful to discuss, for which use case each method is
useful. This might also help to identify potential gaps for which
another API might be more helpful.

Also, we should talk about provided guarantees when using those APIs
with regard to consistency -- not saying that we need to provide strong
guarantees, but he KIP should describe what user can expect.

-Matthias