kafka-dev mailing list archives

From tuyang <tuyang19890...@126.com>
Subject Get Broker metrics timeout
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2017 23:56:04 GMT
Hi all,
	we have a cluster with 10 brokers, and our kafka version is 0.9.0.1,we repeatedly get our
metric data such as offlinePartition metric from each broker with 2 minutes gap to achieve
the goal of cluster’s monitor.
but accidental timeout occurs when we get data from some of brokers. which will leads to false
alarm information.
	such as we may get exception as below.
	error: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root
exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.11.12.13; nested exception
is:
	java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out]

	we find our TcpExt.TCPBacklogDrop index is fluctuate repeatedly, may be this is some root
cause. if it’s the problem. how can I optimize it.

	Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks before.