kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Mohan, Prithiv" <prithiv.mo...@intel.com>
Subject Reg: Read External API response Producer
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:55:41 GMT
Hi,

I am investigating Kafka as a message bus service for my MANO Monitoring module. I have a
python producer that will take the message from a file and will put it in the message bus
in json format. I have a consumer that reads the message and does some operation in the external
OpenStack API. Is it possible for the producer to read the API response from the OpenStack
and take it back to the message bus?
Do I have to do some interfacing with the external API? I have a separate schema definition
in json format, I have to check the response message to see if all the required fields are
available. Is it possible to do with kafka producer ? Please help

Many thanks

Prithiv
Intel Research and Development Ireland Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263

use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution by others is
sender and delete all copies.