kafka-dev mailing list archives

From James Cheng <wushuja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-133: List and Alter Configs Admin APIs
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 04:39:41 GMT
The KIP talks about allowing the user to provide a AlterConfigsPolicy. I assume that even if
the user does not provide a custom policy, that there are some basic validation that the broker
will do by default?

The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking ahead to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-4680,
and wanted to know if there is going to be central place where we can do checks for stuff
like that.

-James