kafka-dev mailing list archives

From James Cheng <wushuja...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I generate/view the site docs, when developing?
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 06:26:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on some site docs changes, as part of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-3480

How do I build the docs, so that I can view them locally and make sure they are right? It
used to be that I could "./gradlew siteDocsTar" and then view the created website. But it
appears that with the recent redesign, that the local website now refers to javascript and
server-side-include files that are not part of the github repo.

Here is what I see when I open the html file in web browser
http://imgur.com/a/njsU8

Here is what I see when I use a web server that supports Server Side Includes, and load the
local "website":
http://imgur.com/a/ce5Gc

Does anyone have any guidance?

Thanks,