kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Onur Karaman <onurkaraman.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] KIP-134: Delay initial consumer group rebalance
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 15:16:23 GMT
Hi Damian.

After reading the discussion thread again, it still doesn't seem like the
thread discussed the option I mentioned earlier.

>From what I had understood from the broker-side vs. client-side config
debate was that the client-side config from the discussion would cause a
wire format change, while the client-side config change that I had
suggested would not.

I just want to make sure we don't accidentally skip past it due to a
potential misunderstanding.