kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Maarek <steph...@simplemachines.com.au>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP 141 - ProducerRecordBuilder Interface
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2017 05:34:57 GMT
Good call.
That’s when I heavily miss Scala Case classes and options. You get clarity on optional vs
mandatory fields, one constructor, and immutability. If losing Immutability is an issue, then
the with pattern is a no-go and then I’ll just add a missing constructor the way Ismael
described it. That’ll make the PR way simpler, with limited refactoring.

Regarding the ConsumerRecord, I’m happy to have a look, but it’s the first time I see
it concretely. When would you manually construct such a record? Isn’t the client handling
all that for you behind the scene?