kafka-dev mailing list archives

From James Cheng <wushuja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-135 : Send of null key to a compacted topic should throw non-retriable error back to user
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 23:42:06 GMT
Mayuresh,

The Compatibility/Migration section says to upgrade the clients first, before the brokers.
Are you talking about implementation or deployment? Do you mean to implement the client changes
before the broker changes? That would imply that it would take 2 Kafka releases to implement
this KIP.

Or, are you saying that when deploying this change, that you would recommend upgrading clients
before upgrading brokers?

Thanks,
-James