kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Eno Thereska <eno.there...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-123: Allow per stream/table timestamp extractor
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:41:46 GMT
Hi Jeyhun,

Thanks for the KIP, sorry I'm coming a bit late to the discussion.

One thing I'd like to understand is whether we can avoid situations where the user is mixing
different times (event time vs. wallclock time) in their processing inadvertently. Before
this KIP, all the relevant topics have one time stamp extractor so that issue does not come
up.

What will be the behavior if times mismatch, e.g., for joins?

Thanks
Eno