kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjin Lee <dong...@apache.org>
Subject Experiencing trouble with KafkaCSVMetricsReporter
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:31:01 GMT
In short: the resulting csv files from the brokers are filled with 0 only, although the broker
cluster is running correctly.

Hello. I am trying some benchmarks with KAFKA-4514[^1]. However, My KafkaCSVMetricsReporter
is not working properly. I would like to ask if someone on this mailing list has experienced
similar cases.
Let me explain. I configured a Kafka cluster with 3 zookeeper instances and 3 Kafka Broker
instances. After confirming all is working correctly, I added following properties in server.properties
file and restarted the brokers.
> kafka.metrics.polling.interval.secs=5> kafka.metrics.reporters=kafka.metrics.KafkaCSVMetricsReporter>
kafka.csv.metrics.reporter.enabled=true
By re-running the brokers and the producer, I acquired some csv files from kafka_metrics directory.
But there are two weird things:
1. Kafka brokers repeatedly try to create csv files and fail with IO Exception. Why they try
to create files, yet the resulting csv files already exist?2. All cells of the resulting csv
files are filled with 0, except their headers. Since the producer generated so many messages,
they (e.g., BytesPerSec) cannot be 0.
Any pieces of advices or comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Regards,Dongjin
[^1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-4514