kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Json Tu <kafka...@126.com>
Subject Re: log.flush.interval.messages setting of Kafka 0.9.0.0
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 14:07:12 GMT
Would be grateful to hear opinions from experts out there. Thanks in advance

> 在 2016年12月16日,下午6:17,Json Tu <kafkausr@126.com> 写道:
>
> Hi all,
> 	we have a cluster of 0.9.0.0 with 3 nodes, we have a topic with 3 replicas, and send
it with ack -1, our sending latency is avg 7ms. I prepare to optimize performance of cluster
through adjusting some params.
> we find our brokers has set config item as below,
> 	log.flush.interval.messages=10000
> and other relevant parameter is default, and I find the default value of log.flush.interval.messages
is LONG.MAX_VALUE, because of setting this config will flush intiative that may affect performace
. I wonder can I cancel this config  item’s setting, and use default value.

> 	I think use default value may have two drawback as below.
> 		1.recovery checkpoint can not be updated,so when load segments,it will scan from
begin to end.
> 		2.it may lose data when leader partition’s broker’s vm is restart,but I think
3 replicas can remedy this drawback if the network between them is good.