kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <g...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Add REST Server to Apache Kafka
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 14:29:22 GMT
-1

Kafka's development model is a good fit for critical path and
well-established APIs. It doesn't work as well for add-ons that need to
rapidly evolve. Merging communities with different development pace and
models rarely ends well - I think the REST Proxy will benefit from being a
separate project.

--
*Gwen Shapira*
Product Manager | Confluent