kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Edoardo Comar <ECO...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] KIP-83 - Allow multiple SASL PLAIN authenticated Java clients in a single JVM process
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:15:28 GMT
Hi,
I had a go at a KIP that addresses this JIRA
"Shared authentification with multiple actives Kafka producers/consumers"

which is a limitation of the current Java client that we (IBM MessageHub)
get asked quite often lately.

We will have a go at a PR soon, just as a proof of concept, but as it
introduces new public interfaces it needs a KIP.

I'll welcome your input.

Edo
Edoardo Comar
MQ Cloud Technologies
ecomar@uk.ibm.com
+44 (0)1962 81 5576
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number
741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6
3AU
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.