kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Ismael Juma <ism...@juma.me.uk>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove beta label from the new Java consumer
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 02:34:03 GMT
Hi Jaikiran,

Thanks for your feedback. Comments inline.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:40 AM, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Personally, I would be OK if the beta label is removed from it if the dev
> team is sure the API isn't going to change. I don't know if that's true or
> not post 0.10.0.1.

The API has been declared stable as of 0.10.0.0. It's worth mentioning that
backwards compatible API changes can still happen.

> For me the major thing that I think needs to be addressed is these JIRAs
> which actually expose some API implementation level issues. Not sure if
> solving those issues will involve changes to API itself:

We think these can be fixed in a backwards compatible manner.

This is for the producer, which hasn't been considered beta since 0.9.0.0.

Ismael