kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Guozhang Wang <wangg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding Producer and Duplicates
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:53:26 GMT
Hi Florian,

The broker will accept a batch of records as a whole or reject them as a
whole unless it encounters an IOException while trying to append the
messages, which will be treated as a fatal error anyways.

Duplicates usually happen when the whole batch is accepted but the ack was
not delivered in time, and hence it was re-tried.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang