kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: KStreams Rewind Offset
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 12:59:16 GMT
Hi Mike,

currently, this is not possible. We are already discussing some changes
with regard to reprocess. However, I doubt that going back to a specific
offset of a specific partition will be supported as it would be too
difficult to reset the internal data structures and intermediate results
correctly (also with regard to committing)

What is your exact use case? What kind of feature are you looking for?
We are always interested to get feedback/idea from users.

-Matthias

On 06/01/2016 08:21 PM, Michael D. Coon wrote:
> All,
>   I think it's great that the ProcessorContext offers the partition and offset of the
current record being processed; however, it offers no way for me to actually use the information.
I would like to be able to rewind to a particular offset on a partition if I needed to. The
consumer is also not exposed to me so I couldn't access things directly that way either. Is
this in the works or would it interfere with rebalancing/auto-commits?