kafka-dev mailing list archives

From BigData dev <bigdatadev...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg: Kafka With Kerberos/SSL [Enhancement to add option, Need suggestions on this]
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:29:56 GMT
Hi All,
When Kafka is running on kerberoized cluster/ SSL. Can we add an option
security.protocol. So, that user can given PLAINTEXT, SSL, SASL_PLAINTEXT,
SASL_SSL. This will be helpful during running console producer and console
consumer.

./bin/kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list <hostname:port
[,hostname:port, …]> --topic <topic-name> --security-protocol SASL_PLAINTEXT

./bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper c6401.ambari.apache.org:2181
--topic test_topic --from-beginning --security-protocol
SASL_PLAINTEXT

*Currently, this property can be configured in producer.properties when
running console-producer. And consumer.properties when running
cosole-consumer.*

Can we add as an option to user during running from console with other
options like topic, broker-list.

Can you please provide your thoughts on this, if it is useful to go in as a
feature or not. If it is useful i will create a jira and work on it.

*Note: This is the way HDP stack is working with kafka 0.9.0.. Link is
provided below.*

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.2/bk_secure-kafka-ambari/content/ch_secure-kafka-produce-events.html

Regards,
Bharat