kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Interested in contributing to Kafka?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 23:26:40 GMT
I’m completely new to Kafka as well, but I would really like to contribute. On other projects
we’re using label “newbie” to denote JIRA that is particularly suitable for someone
completely new to the project. I’m wondering if Kafka uses similar mechanism to annotate
“newbie” JIRAs/tasks?

On Jul 16, 2014, at 3:09 PM, Jay Kreps <jay.kreps@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
> A number of people have been submitting really nice patches recently.
> If you are interested in contributing and are looking for something to
> work on, or if you are contributing and are interested in ramping up
> to be a committer on the project, please let us know--we are happy to
> help you help us :-). It is often hard to know what JIRAs or projects
> would be good to work on, how hard those will be, and where to get
> started. Feel free to reach out to me, Neha, Jun, or any of the other
> committers for help with this.
> Cheers,
> -Jay

View raw message