kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <andrea.gazzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Developer setup
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 16:56:30 GMT
Hi all,
I changed the "Developer Setup" page
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Developer+Setup) a
little bit. It is formally complete so I published it.
I say "formally" because there are these little issues:

*1) Unit tests*
Within an Eclipse workspace created using the first approach (i.e.
Eclipse without sbt plugin) I have a failure:

kafka.log.LogTest.testTimeBasedLogRoll(kafka.log.LogTest)
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: There should still be exactly one
segment. expected:<1> but was:<2>
     at kafka.log.LogTest.testTimeBasedLogRoll(LogTest.scala:80)

and an error

kafka.producer.AsyncProducerTest.testFailedSendRetryLogic(kafka.producer.AsyncProducerTest)
kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after
3 tries.
     at
kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler.handle(DefaultEventHandler.scala:88)
     at
kafka.producer.AsyncProducerTest.testFailedSendRetryLogic(AsyncProducerTest.scala:439)

The other 158 tests are OK.

*2) Source folders*
Using the second approach (Eclipse with sbt plugin), the sbt plugin
creates Eclipse projects with default source folders.
For core module this is not ok because tests are in test/unit and
test/other. I suppose the core/build.sbt needs to be changed.

*3) Intellij**IDEA *
At the moment I don't have Intellij installed on my laptop so I left the
content of this section ontouched.

Any kind of feedback is warmly welcome

Best,
Andrea