kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka messages out of order
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 03:58:20 GMT
In 0.7, we create a new socket after reconnect.interval messages. Messages
sent through different sockets may not arrive at the broker in order. The
reason to have reconnect.interval is for the producer to get a chance to
see the new broker added to a load balancer (if one uses a VIP to send
messages). You can try setting it to a larger value.

Thanks,

Jun