kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Yogesh G <joinyog...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka Cluster issue..
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:28:50 GMT
Hi

I am using Kafka 0.7.2...the setup have two Kafka brokers running on two
different machines both pointing to a single Zookeper server which is on
one of the machines hosting Kafka....Now if I run the Producer, either one
provided in getting started guide or custom one, although it states that
Creating async producer for broker 1 and broker 2....but the entire load is
being processed by single Kafka broker...the second instance have no impact
and nor does it creates any logs....I have num.partition=6 for both
brokers....

I would like to understand that wouldn't Zookeeper discover the two brokers
and distribute the load.....am I missing anything here....

Also for supporting a load of 2 million messages (say 200KB each) what is
kind of topology and configuration is recommended...

Thanks,