kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <metac...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on SessionExpiredListener
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 08:16:07 GMT
Hi Kafka dev team

While testing Kafka with Zookeeper, when the connection between Kafka
and zookeeper was lost, I saw all ephemeral nodes were gone and whole
Kafka cluster was down even though connection was restored after a few
seconds. I thought it didn't make sense because Kafka has connection
state listener but my expectation was wrong because all connection
state listener was watching only Expired event with zkclient.

As far as I know, Expired event rarely happens. Can I move
handleNewSession method implementation to handleStateChanged with
KeeperState.SyncConnected? Is it safe to do this?

Thank you
Best, Jae