kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Raddon <arad...@gmail.com>
Subject Partial message when packet size = max size?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 22:08:28 GMT
Hello;

I am using the golang Consumer and ran into some errors when there was
a large backlog (greater than max message size) of messages on broker
and had a question about the format.

In the case above, the behavior i was seeing was the total packet
bytes size == max message (containing many messages), even if this
meant a partial/incomplete last message.   Is this correct?

I wrote a fix for it in the driver, but had second thoughts if this was right.

My Kafka broker was built from source ~ 1 week ago.

Thanks

Aaron