juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Faath" <jfa...@apache.org>
Subject RE: jUDDI web services
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:42:48 GMT
Kurt, good call.  Using the older version (1.3) worked.

Of course, then another issue popped up.  This issue is specific to JAX-WS.
The 'setPublisherAssertions' and 'getPublisherAssertions' methods of the API
both return a list of publisherAssertions.  When JAX-WS generates the SEI,
it creates a ResponseWrapper annotation for both of these with the same
localName and same className.  That causes this error:

com.sun.tools.internal.ws.processor.modeler.ModelerException: [failed to
localize] Response wrapper bean names must be unique and must not clash with
other generated classes.

There are three solutions I see to this problem:

1)      Modify the UDDI mega-WSDL that we retrieved from the UDDI site which
is used to generate all the classes.  Classes will be need to be
re-generated.

2)      Don't modify the UDDI WSDL, but instead make changes after the
classes are generated.

3)      JAX-WS allows for customizations via binding files.  These might be
used to fix the issue.

Of these three, I'm leaning towards 1) .  It's the easiest and cleanest
approach.  Approach 2) defeats the purpose of generating classes and 3) has
a steep learning curve.

Oh yea, we're not out of the woods yet.  There is another issue with Axis2.
See AXIS2-4160 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4160).  That
might be easily fixable or it might not.  If it does turn out to be a bug
that requires us to wait for the next release, well, we might want to
consider switching to Apache CXF as the default WS-Stack.

Comments?