jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Harry Metske <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki will not Start
Date Sun, 18 May 2014 16:58:05 GMT
I think neither of these two is the case.
The issue here is that you have a (tomcat) environment where you are not
allowed to write to tomcat's lib directory, or you don't want configuration
in that directory because you don't want these configs to apply to other
(JSPWiki) applications running in the same tomcat.
When you startup a vanilla JSPWiki it will try to log to jspwiki.log in the
current directory, so depending on from where you start it, you will get
the logfile or not. If the logfile cannot be created however, JSPWiki will
still work (though you get an ugly stacktrace to stdout from log4j).

Maybe there is one option left in this case, and that is putting a
log4j.properties file in tomcat's webapps/JSPWiki/WEB-INF/classes directory.

regards,
Harry