jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: How to search attached word documents
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 12:19:37 GMT
Hi Jim,

sounds like a common use case - maybe there already are existing plugins, but I, for one,
am not aware of any.
Maybe you want to create a feature issue in JIRA and maybe even work on it? ;-) Patches are
always very welcome!
The implementation itself shouldn't be too hard - Basically it's just some lines of code which
glue together existing projects (in this case Apache POI). Did you have a look at [1]?

Regards
 Florian

[1] http://kalanir.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-index-microsoft-format-documents.html

----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail -----
Von: "James Gregg" <James.Gregg@efirstbank.com>
An: 'jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org'
CC: "James Gregg" <James.Gregg@efirstbank.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2011 22:38:02
Betreff: How to search attached word documents

I just installed JSPWiki under Tomcat on a z/OS mainframe to see if we could use it as a documentation
retrieval system. We have many procedures and documents as Word. Doc files.

Is there a way using JSPWiki to search the contents of these documents once they are defined
in a Wiki page?

I found some information on patching the LuceneSearchProvider<http://www.jspwiki.org/Edit.jsp?page=LuceneSearchProvider>.java
file but that process was not well written up. I was hoping for a plug-in or at least an easier
process.

Thank you for any information,
Jim

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document attached hereto
or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the individual
or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy this communication. Thank
you.