jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Quinn Fissler <qfiss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nested categories? Tree structure?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:15:58 GMT
On 26 April 2011 12:59, Todor Boev <rinsvind@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am contemplating JSPWiki as may personal information engine. One of
> the main features I am looking for is a way to organize my content in
> deeply nested trees. Does JSPWiki support a way to do this? And if
> possible do it easily? I expect to move the pages around the tree
> quite a lot.
>
> Thanks,
> Todor

This sounds great! Make your content as difficult as possible to find
and when folk get the hang of it, move it all around!

Sounds to me like it's the opposite of a wiki.

I think that what you want is called a "web site" :-)

No - seriously - any tree in html is soft - you can create it easily
in a wiki. I think I'd generate the pages from a script and I'd not
use a wiki at all... You could use some simple databases for content
and the tree...

If you must use a wiki, I guess that creating a set of pages and
updating links from a script could be done easily enough...

...but I fear that you've not given as much info as could make things clear.