jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jspwiki - connecting to 2 LDAPs for authentication.
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:18:15 GMT
This is a Tomcat question, not a JSPWiki question.

As far as I know, Tomcat cannot authenticate to more than one LDAP
server at a time. However, if you need to authenticate users to
multiple subtrees in the same LDAP server, that is possible if you set
the "search subtree" attribute of the Tomcat JNDIRealm.

Your other alternative might be, for example, to use OpenLDAP to
create a "virtual" directory that aggregates several other LDAP
servers together. I'm not an expert on how to do this, but you might
find some tips on the OpenLDAP mailing lists.

Regards,  Andrew