jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Ji Jie" <Jerr...@ocbc.com>
Subject java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 02:56:18 GMT

Hi,

I finally got over the Install.jsp hurdle by cleaning up webapps/ROOT/
and moving everything under JSPWiki/ there. (Luckily JSPWiki is the only
intended application for my Tomcat.) Is the JSPWiki release README
blatantly wrong? Has anyone got the below working?

"""
2) After you've installed the engine and checked that it works, you just
  make a subdirectory under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/.
  For example, if you want your application to be called 'wiki', just
create a directory
  called 'wiki', then extract all files from the war file into that
  directory, preserving the directory structure.

3) Point your browser at http://<myhost>/JSPWiki/Install.jsp
   (Or, if you renamed it in the previous phase, use something like
   http://<myhost>/wiki/Install.jsp)
"""

However, that's not the end of the story. At installation, I left all
values default and gave "/" as base directory (which I don't understand
but can't skip). And during the subsequent Tomcat restart, I got
WriteAbortedException --

java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException
: com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.UserManager
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)

And am not able to find/access my wiki. (Install.jsp redirection fails)

What is going on here? It should not be due to lack of write permission
because files such as WEB-INF/jspwiki.properties have been successfully
written by the Install.jsp.

Has everyone gone through a similar amount of hassle just to set up a
vanilla JSPWiki?

Jerry