jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki Future and Roadmap post v2.8.2
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:04:49 GMT
Foster has a good point. Many people are happy with the old versions.
My own website runs 2.4. I haven't upgraded, in part, because I am
worried that my custom CSS won't work. Certainly can be done, but it
is more fun to write code. :)

3.0 will be more enterprise-friendly. The back-end will be
JCR-compatible, making it possible to integrate with content
management systems like Documentum and Interwoven. I'm also
(personally) working on some officially supported authentication and
user database modules for LDAP -- OpenLDAP and Active Directory in
particular. AD integration right now is too hard, and it's too
important to be left out of the core distribution.

Andrew