jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: Ubuntu JSPWiki Installation: Help, where is JSPWiki.war file?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:54:34 GMT
I haven't been following this thread very closely, so I hope what I'm
going to say is helpful/relevant in some way.

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and JSPWiki 2.6.4.

What I did (as I recall) was create a standard, generic JSPWiki install
at /data/TC6 and then create a symbolic link
from /usr/share/tomcat5.5/webapps (from a standard Tomcat install)
to /data/TC6.  (That is ...../webapps/TC6 ==> /data/TC6.)

I had to set the base URL in jspwiki.properties correctly, along with:

        jspwiki.fileSystemProvider.pageDir = /data/TC6/WEB-INF/pages
        jspwiki.filterConfig = /data/TC6/WEB-INF/filters.xml
        jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir
        = /data/TC6/WEB-INF/pages
        jspwiki.workDir = /data/jspwiki_work
        jspwiki.applicationName =TC6

There may be some other minor details I'm forgetting, but I think that's
about it.

Terry

PS: Oh, I did accidently delete the Tomcat user (created during the
install, and got the permissions screwed up, so I'm temporarily running
Tomcat as root.  However, this is my local machine where I do the
initial prototyping.  The production version is hosted elsewhere, and
it's properly set up security-wise.