jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From supernovachild <supernovach...@gmail.com>
Subject JSPWiki Future and Roadmap post v2.8.2
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:54:33 GMT

Hi Guys

I'm an avid fan of JSPWiki, but I'm concerned about it's future with it
being part of the Apache incubator project

The reasons are:

- Edits on jspwiki seem to be slowing down
- No-one has been contributing Templates. When I started using JSPWiki at
ver 2.0.x there where a whole bunch and then it slowed down. By ver 2.6
no-one was contributing any more
- The same applies to the plugins
- The http://incubator.apache.org/jspwiki/ site seems very lean and nothing
much seems to be going on
- The JIRA site seems to have items logged in 2008 with no resolution

Having said all of this; the number & frequency of subversion commits seems
to be fairly ok which might indicate that their is perhaps nothing to fear?
:)

I know the more people helping on a project the better. Unfortunately I can
only be an avid user and fan and not contribute due my hectic work and 60+
hours weeks.

If we the fans have nothing to fear, may I be so bold as to ask the team to
stick something on the main page of jspwiki.org as well as the incubator
page explaining that there is nothing to fear and that the project is alive
and kicking. Also (I'm not sure if this is somewhere), do you have any idea
of the release roadmap concerning rough dates... i.e. from 2.8.3 to 3.0 to
3.1?

Thanks Guys

A major fan

Greg