jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Bob Paige <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tracking development process in the wiki?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:36:31 GMT
I was just looking at our next release, which is dependent on three
different projects. These are the tasks I need to track:

1. Project 1a: validation testing
2. Project 1b: validation testing
3. Projects 1a and 1b merged (they are different branches of the same
codebase for development reasons), yielding Project 2
4. Project 2: validation testing
5. Project 3: validation testing
6. Project 4 (which makes remote calls to Projects 2 & 3): integration
tested with 2 & 3.

The point is, if someone finds a bug with, for example, Project 2, we need
to remember to repeat steps 4 and 6. If we find a bug in Project 1b it would
depend on when we found it; pre or post merge.

I can visualize this in a directed graph, but I don't know the best way to
generate it for others to see, or if it is even practical to generate/track
in the wiki.

Thoughts?

--
Bobman