jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Engelschmidt ...@zama.org>
Subject Re: MultipleWikis >> Security 2.3 FAQ
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:28:52 GMT
Which validates users and groups, created in user.xml and groups.xml.
If using ldap authentication, the users isnt nessarily

On Jun 8, 2009, at 19:56 , Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> ...which is a really good reason to start working on a separate ACL
> editor...
>
> /Janne
>
> On 8 Jun 2009, at 20:21, Harry Metske wrote:
>
>> John,
>>
>> if you still need the info on http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/Security2.3FAQ
>> ,
>> you can view it now.
>> There was an ALLOW statement on it that wasn't between comment
>> brackets.
>>
>> regards,
>> Harry
>>
>> 2009/6/8 Volkar, John M. <JVolkar@medrad.com>
>>
>>> I was looking into setting up a 2.8.x with security, and was
>>> looking to
>>> see if jspwiki.policy could be set in server.xml  as a context
>>> parameter
>>> like I do for the jspwiki.properties file (see MultipleWikis page).
>>>
>>> There is a question on the MultipleWikis page about this that
>>> links to
>>> page "Security 2.3 FAQ".  This appears to require a login, I (of
>>> course)
>>> have forgotten what I used for the jspwiki.org site, and attempted
>>> re-register.  In several attempts to register I get a "invalid
>>> profile"
>>> message (presumably because one of the elements I was using to
>>> register
>>> existed my old profile?).  So I'm wanting the info on that page,
>>> so I
>>> figure fine, I'll just register as a temporary user "SnarfBlatt",
>>> and
>>> just use that profile...
>>>
>>> The registration succeeded, but when I then tried to access the page
>>> "Security 2.3 FAQ", I get a "Forbidden" message.  The site shows
>>> me as
>>> Authenticated as "SnarfBlatt", but access is denied?
>>>

>>> So two questions:
>>> 1) Why can't I get to the page "Security 2.3 FAQ" as SnarfBlatt?
>>> (Idle
>>> curiosity/annoyance)
>>> and