jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "Christophe Dupriez" <christophe.dupr...@poisoncentre.be>
Subject Re: Where are messages stored?
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 07:27:49 GMT
Hi!

I would have a suggestion:
1) every message in every supported language would have a default version distributed with
JSPWiki.
   If a language is not supported, the installation could define a default language.
   This would ensure that a message is always available even if JSPWiki is upgraded.
2) local version of **some** messages in a given language could be defined in a local configuration
directory (never erased by a WAR deployment). If there is no local version of a message, the
one bundled with JSPWiki is used.
3) If, for a given message, the number of parameters {0} changes, the message key would always
be changed (this to ensure that if new parameters are added, an innapropriate message is not
used)
4) The message files should remain editable with a tool like Eclipse property editor.

Have a nice weekend!

Christophe Dupriez
Centre Antipoisons-Antigifcentrum
C/o Hôpital Central de la Base Reine Astrid
Rue Bruyn
1120 Bruxelles
Belgique
tel 32-(0)2.264.96.36