jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: SingleVersionForSavesBySameUserWithinHour implemented?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:46:56 GMT
> let's then keep the discussions there, another option might be to have one
> save button, but with an additional "dont make new version" check-box, whose
> setting is kept in the cookie ?

I fear that that is a bit too confusing too (it's not the button, it's
the fact that you don't encounter such options in any other software,
and it requires a rather deep understanding of how Wiki stores stuff
to grasp that idea.  It's essentially simply too geeky and I would
like to avoid that if possible.)  I would rather look at what is it
that the functionality is trying to achieve, what the user
expectations are, and then try to figure out a better way to do
achieve the same.

I think JSPWiki interface is way too confusing, arcane and geeky
already.  We should strive to make it leaner, meaner and cleaner.

/Janne