jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Bob Paige <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2009 Summer of Code
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:54:35 GMT
In our in-house wiki we track many projects, and each project has pages of
certain types (specs, use cases, etc.). I tried (and we discussed here)
different meta-data solutions and eventually settled on a naming convention.
All pages are prefixed with the project name and suffixed with the page type

So for a project "My Project", a "Spec" called "User Interface" would have
the name "My Project User Interface Spec". I use various plugins to list
pages for a project by type, using this naming convention. As you can
imagine, this is fragile (i.e. renaming the "My Project" page would lose
track of all its pages until you manually rename them).

My preference would be some way to use either meta-data or categorization to
organize my pages. It would also be great if I could establish standard
templates for page types, i.e. "SpecTemplate" to pre-populate new pages and
encourage consistency.

Regarding editors, I have a half-way solution for page templates, but each
editor seems to require a different mechanism to pre-populate a page. The
"plain" editor can use the "clone" argument, but another editor requires you
to use the "_content" parameter (if I remember correctly). Currently, I only
support the "plain" editor and my users of other editors (I have FCK and
WikiWizard installed as alternatives) are on their own.

--
Bobman