jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "Fischer, Nicola (ORISA Software GmbH)" <fisc...@orisa.de>
Subject AW: UserTimezone shift after 2.8.1 Upgrade
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:03:53 GMT
Hallo,

I fixed the jspwiki.policy and I can delete pages now.

But der timezone issue ist still present. It says, the timezone is now a attribute of the
user. Shouldn´t it be in the userdatabase.xml?

Regards,
Nicola

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Harry Metske [mailto:harry.metske@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009 20:25
An: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: UserTimezone shift after 2.8.1 Upgrade

Nicola,
from 2.6 => 2.8 there are quite a few changes dealing with preferences, timezone, JAAS
and also the userdatabase format, one of these might have to do with your observations, look
at the following in Changelog :

2.7.0-svn-29
2.7.0-svn-16
2.7.0-svn-9
2.7.0-svn-4
2.7.0-svn-2

I haven't checked the code though.
Also have a look at the UPGRADING document, and more the standard checks that might have already
been done:
- check your new jspwiki.policy
- have a look at the admin/SecurityConfig.jsp

I can imagine that we get unpredictable results if you access a 2.8 wiki with 2.6 cookies,
does it help refreshing your browser cookies (so you get freshcookies :-))  ?

Harry

2009/2/24 Fischer, Nicola (ORISA Software GmbH) <fischer@orisa.de>

> Hi,
>
> we migrated from 2.6.3 to 2.8.1
>
> Suddenly all our users are in the timezone GMT-12 and I lost my Admin
> previleges to delete Pages. Does anything happened to the
> userdatabase.xml durign the update?
>
> It got screwed up in some way...
>
> kind regards,
>
> Nicola Fischer
> Entwicklung & Controlling
> ___________________
> ORISA Software GmbH
> Humboldtstr. 13
> 07743 Jena
>
> Amtsgericht Jena HRB 204876
> Geschäftsführer: Dr. Georg Elsner
>
> telefon: +49 (0)3641-2844 59
> telefax: +49 (0)3641-2844 22
>
> internet: http://www.orisa.de
> email: mailto:fischer@orisa.de

> Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese
> E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, nformieren Sie bitte sofort den
> Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie
> die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
> you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
> error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
> Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
> in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

> Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirus
> Version: AVF 19.275 dated 24.02.2009

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirus