jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "lgilardoni61@gmail.com" <lgilardon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki to DocBook
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:20:55 GMT
Hi Frank
   happy to see you work. I myself did some search without finding that
much (and had never - or at least yet - have time to build something
myself), so I will surely have a look.

As for the business case ... yes - albeit I don't know how much strong.
Anyway the story is more or less like this:
- use a wiki to prepare a book (or technical doc or ...); ideally you
can use it to lay down main content, use the hypertext structure to keep
working notes (and possibly
also notes that should end up in final material) plus anything you need
for cooperative work
- at the end, be able to easily move relevant material to a structured
document (word/latex/docboook ... that's probably the easy part)

I feel the hard part would be to discriminate between 'real' structure
going from wiki to doc and 'support material'. I could expect a manually
crafted index page could
point to main content (each referenced page a chapter - or different
granularity) but how you can then specifify which links should end up in
final doc and which shouldn't?