jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From "Harry Metske" <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki install problem
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:06:29 GMT
Hein,

again see the README, I would take the Advanced Installation section :

Advanced Installation
---------------------

First, install a JSP engine and a web server.  You can download Tomcat
from http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/.  This software was built
originally on top of Tomcat 5.5, but probably most other versions
work, too, and most other JSP containers.
*
After you've installed the engine and checked that it works, you just
make a subdirectory under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/.  For example, if you
want your application to be called 'MyWiki', just create a directory
called 'MyWiki', then extract all files from the war files into that
directory, preserving the directory structure.

Edit the WEB-INF/jspwiki.properties file to your liking.  The only
thing you need to set is the directory where you want your wiki pages
to be stored.  I recommend a directory that is regularly backed up.

Unzip the contents of jspwiki-corepages.zip into your newly created
directory.  You can find the rest of the documentation in the
JSPWiki-doc.zip file.

(Re)start tomcat.

Point your browser at http://<where your Tomcat is installed>/MyWiki/.
You should see the Main Wiki page.  See the next section if you want
to edit the pages =).
*