jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki + Ubuntu
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:33:59 GMT
Janne Jalkanen wrote:
> Ever wondered how you could help JSPWiki?  If someone could
> answer this question at Ubuntu launchpad, it would be great!
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/52609
>
> (Actually, jspwiki.org runs Ubuntu, but we've got a custom
> tomcat installation, so I have no idea how the default Ubuntu install
> runs.  Anybody want to build a .deb?  Kalle?)

We've been running JSPWiki on both Ubuntu and Solaris without any
special futzing around with anything other than the configuration of
jspwiki.properties.

We've run Java 5 and 6 on Tomcat 5.5 without any issues. I've never
installed from a war file, I've always built via "ant war", unjarred
the result, then modified jspwiki.properties (mostly just features,
path and base URL changes) before simply copying it into Tomcat's
"webapps" directory.

As for answering this guy's questions, I've only had to set JAVA_HOME
for my own local build environment, never for Tomcat, which seems on
Ubuntu to manage just fine when letting the Synaptic Package Manager
do all the installations of Apache, Tomcat and Java. I've not had to
touch any of that on a default Ubuntu installation.

After installation I've just used the Tomcat Manager to start and
stop the web app.

I don't know how to build a .deb file though, sorry.

I could copy this over to the launchpad site as an answer but it
(to me) doesn't seem like much of an answer.

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray08 at altheim dot com>                       ===  = =

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record