jspwiki-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject JSPWiki On A Stick
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:23:20 GMT
Hi folks,

it might be time to share "Wiki On A Stick" with a wider audience - the
idea is to have a ready to use JSPWiki distribution running on a USB
stick (of course it also works on a hard disk). The idea was to keep all
the little bits I need to know portable ....

I uploaded a source and binary release to
http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/wikionastick/

+) please not that the native Mac OS application wrapper in the binary
distribution is a bit shaky

And I have some questions for the community  ... :-)

+) would this be a valuable contribution for JSPWiki?
+) how to integrate it into the main build?
+) any feedback regarding the current state of development?

Plus some questions regarding licence issues

+) jarbundler-2.0.0 comes with ASL 2.0 but the the Java application stub
I placed in ./resources/ant/macos is only available on a Mac box.  Is it
save to ship the stub or  exclude creating a Mac application n non-Mac box?

+) I used launch4j which comes with the following licences : BSD
License, GNU General Public License (GPL), GNU Library or Lesser General
Public License (LGPL), MIT License. Is it safe to add the launch4j stuff
into the projects or mandate the launch4j has to be installed when you
want to create a windows executable.

+) what are the licence issues when I pack the ready-to-use native
application wrapper into a binary release

+) would it be a better idea to keep all the native application launcher
out of the build/distribution?

I'm well aware that I ask far too many licence questions but at least my
stuff does not need an ECCN export code ... :-)

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl